Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Lessons Learned

Learned the Hard Way. What’s a lesson you learned the hard way? Write about it for 15 today.

 A tough life lesson, may explain so many of your actions or at least give readers more insight into you. They have a personal bond with you and recounting profound experiences is another way for you to reach out and connect with them. If your readers were your children, what are some key lessons you would impart to them?
Was it challenging to revisit mistakes you have made? Does the lesson you learned then, help to explain some of your actions today?



The hardest or one of The hardest lessons for me to learn was it is perfectly ok to ask for help. I am and always have been a Very Independent person. For as long as I can remember I have been one who never needed anyone's help and could do things on my own or would die trying. 
I didn't care how difficult the task was. I was not going to ask anyone for assistance. I would persevere on my own and complete it, whatever it took...
Many years passed and countless lessons through various teachers, not always human, I learned that I needed the help of others. I needed others. I didn't like this too well as I was highly independent and for me to accept I needed help doing anything, to me meant loss of independence. 
I learned that we are made to need each other. God made us that way. He made us to need Him too...I guess I saw it as a weakness and felt I had to be so strong...Now I know I can be strong and still ask for help when I need it. It is perfectly ok to ask for help. It does not make us weak or pathetic or less of a person. Together we are stronger....We need each other. Growth hurts, pruning hurts yet the end result is the loveliest bloom you ever did see:) 
Peace

This post was written as part of HAWMC – 30 health posts in 30 days: 
http://blog.wegohealth.com/2012/04/17/hawmc-day-17-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment