Friday, April 13, 2012

My top ten

10 Things You Couldn’t Live Without. At some point you have at least heard this situation posed to someone (if not to you): if you were stranded on an island, what are the 10 items you would need/want to have with you? Have you given that circumstance serious thought? You can approach this from various viewpoints – that of a Health Activist, patient, caregiver, parent, sports enthusiast, healthcare provider, etc. So for today’s prompt, write a list of the 10 things you need (or love) most.


What is it that I cannot live without? What are my TOP TEN? I am famous for list making and this should be easy so off we go out of the starting gate

Faith is something I absolutely cannot live without. I have my faith in God, my Creator, Great Spirit who gave me life and who gives me hope and whose Love is everlasting and never changing. With God I can have inner Peace in the midst of physical chaos, the Peace that surpasses all understanding no matter what my situation is or where I am. 
A good Tarp is something I would want to have with me especially if I would be stranded on an island.  You can make a fine Lean-to with a tarp and and other additions from nature to be protected from the elements. 
My Bible for reading and a journal with pencils for taking notes or writing thoughts. Lessons learned while spending time in sanctuary on the island. 
Knives are my passion be they pocket or boot I collect them and utilize them. They would travel with me wherever I go. I can open cans with them, cut bark with them and do so much more. They come in quite handy. Also useful would be a backpack for carrying around needed items, a good pair of hiking boots and a Water bottle...
Peace

This post was written as part of HAWMC – 30 health posts in 30 days:
http://blog.wegohealth.com/2012/04/13/hawmc-day-13-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment