Saturday, April 14, 2012

Almost heaven

My Dream Day. Dreaming seems to come naturally; but that is not necessarily true about our dream day. So often, we envision such a day, but it is elusive. Here, you have the opportunity to create that perfect day and the fun part is – it can be as wild as you want or perhaps deviate slightly from your everyday life. You are in full control of your dream day! So for today’s prompt, describe your ideal day. How would you spend your time? Who would you spend it with? Have you had this day? If not – how could you make it happen?
What obstacles prevent you from enjoying your dream day? How important is achieving such a day?


My dream day is so close to perfect, so close to heaven as I sit in the sun upon the white sandy beach upon my printed towel with Penguins or Dolphins on it. My Momma would be with me again. The beach was one of our most favourite places to be. Knowing how sensitive my skin has become I have applied my sunscreen from toenail to hairline and lay back to soak up the warmth of the summer sun for a bit before jumping up and skipping off into the cool, salty waters of the ocean. Waves are breaking and the day is glorious and surprisingly not crowded. 
I hear the Seagulls cry in the distance and my eye catches a lone Pelican perched upon the dock nearby, perhaps resting before his next meal. 
The best thing about today is the freedom, for today at least, from the terrors of the IBS Monster. 
That monster that attacks at whim, no matter what I wear or where I am...I laughed hysterical with a friend last year as we shared our IBS woes and the need to be cautious of what we wear and always search out the rest room when arriving anywhere...
Today, my perfect day, my dream day, Momma would be with me, I have no worries of pain, no worries of IBS attacks just relax, swim and take in the beauty that surrounds me until dusk. This is one of my dream days~
Miss you Momma~

This post was written as part of HAWMC – 30 health posts in 30 days:
http://blog.wegohealth.com/2012/04/14/hawmc-day-14-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment