Sunday, April 1, 2012

My Health Time Capsule

Health Time CapsulePretend you’re making a time capsule of you & your health focus that won’t be opened until 2112. What’s in it? What would people think of it when they found it?


My time capsule would contain a variety of media ranging from my writings, jotted notes from physician visits and personal journaling, digital images and self taken, mini-videos of myself. In order to best preserve my writings they may be captured on digital media and/or sealed in laminate. They would chronicle the journey of my health from before diagnosis, as I spent years in monumental agony until I finally met with the right doctor, to having my suspicions confirmed, validated with a wonderful Rheumatology doc and through the day of entering these precious items into the time capsule. It will be most interesting to note how technologies and the area of medicine and healing modalities have changed in the future when this capsule is opened. 
The photos and videos I would share would be from good days to really painful ones and anywhere in between not making a conscious effort to put make-up on or make sure I look good for the camera. If I am having an incredibly amethyst day and look as crappy as I feel well then it will show in the photo and that will still be shared. 
I also would like to see how far I personally have journeyed in wellness since being blessed with this diagnosis I have begun to eat better foods and noticed a difference in how my body feels. When I eat certain foods like meat it (my body) feels distressed. So to see my own growth and others to see that may offer some hope to another and perhaps to the medical community as well... 
Personally I have embarked upon a more holistic journey to heal my body and am eating more natural foods as possible striving towards becoming a Vegetarian. 


Location, location, location.......
My time capsule would be buried in a lovely forest somewhere with permission and thanks from the tall strong ones.for its protection until time arrives for its retrieval.....
Peace,
Elizabeth


This post was written as part of HAWMC – 30 health posts in 30 days: 
http://blog.wegohealth.com/2012/04/01/the-health-activist-writers-month-challenge-hawmc-day-1/

No comments:

Post a Comment