Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Five

5 Dinner Guests. Who are 5 people you’d love to have dinner with (living or deceased) and why?




So many people I would love to have dinner with but I have to choose 5 so here are my choices and reasons....


My Grandfather (Mom's Dad) He was my best friend and left this world suddenly when I was just 17 yrs old. I felt my universe collapse when he died. I would take all the time I could with him....


Mary the mother of Jesus...Can You imagine what it must have been like to be visited by not just any Angel but Gabriel, God's messenger who tells Mary she has been chosen, by God, to become the mother of Jesus who will grow to save the world? 
I know I would love to sit with Mary and I have a mountain of questions but would ask a few and gladly listen more as she tells her story....


Jane Goodall...I admire and have great respect for Jane and the hard work and dedication she has for the protection of our primate friends. I am one who has long stood firm against animal testing. I would love to sit and talk with Jane at great length about her studies with the Chimpanzees...




My paternal great grandmother....I still do not know her name yet. She was full Cherokee this I know for certain. She died young. Family do not recall her name. My father's family lived in Southern Texas and it was not looked upon in a positive way to have a mixed marriage back then, heck it still isn't in our day in some areas. Very sad....

My Dad....Bobby Sam Roberts Sr. I learned he passed away in November of 2007 by reading his Obituary online. Left me with a lot of mixed emotions...After he left mom he re-married (to Mamie-his former boss) We never heard from him again. I would love to know how he was those last years of his life, what he did, and I would give almost anything to have some photos of him from those years. It really hurts my heart. I hold no grudges. I just want to learn how he was those last years. I am so grateful to know dad died a Christian<3

Peace


This post was written as part of HAWMC – 30 health posts in 30 days:  
http://blog.wegohealth.com/2012/04/19/hawmc-day-19-2/










No comments:

Post a Comment