Thursday, April 5, 2012

Freedom, flight,victory

Ekphrasis Post. On Day 1 we discussed that images can help tell stories, but on the flip side images can also inspire stories. Today’s challenge is one for the eyes. 


FREEDOM, Sweet Freedom!!! The freedom to be who I am no matter where I am in life or where the journey takes me. Always be true to the self....Rise above the challenges put before me. A seagull in flight soaring higher, aiming higher....I thought of Jonathan...Jonathan Livingston Seagull.
No matter the challenge before me I will work through it, overcome it and claim victory over it.
I will not allow it to keep me chained down. I will not allow anyone to contain me, to put me in a box and I refuse to conform to what or who anyone believes or thinks I should be. 
I am me
Momma always said I danced to the beat of my own drum. Momma was a smart, a beautiful woman and my best friend. I not only dance to the beat of my own drum, I am my own drummer. 
I will not be defined by society's rules and regulations. I am a free thinker, a free-spirit, a hippy chick and  I, I define myself...

The image below evoked a sense of freedom, soaring to new heights, no barriers, no boundaries, nothing to stop me from doing or being or reaching for my dreams and goals. 
Seagull soaring upwards in a blue sky - I felt the breeze on my face as he flapped his wings flying higher and higher - Freedom, Glorious Freedom!!!  YES!!! 
I could smell the crispness in the air and hear the gull cry and waves lapping the salty ocean waters on the shore. 



This post was written as part of HAWMC – 30 health posts in 30 days:

No comments:

Post a Comment