Saturday, April 7, 2012

Fibromyalgia and MS

Health Activist Choice! Today’s post is all about you and what you WANT to write about.  Think big, broad, or challenging – what’s a post you’ve always wanted to write but haven’t had the time, energy, or focus?  Today’s the day!
Today’s post can be about your condition, your community, or your favorite album – there are no rules or requirements; go where your pen (or keyboard!) takes you.  Can’t think of a post that you want to write?  Try answering a question you get all the time, share a few things about you or your condition that others don’t know, or just free-write until you find your direction.




I know I have had the Fibromyalgia for years before I was diagnosed. I have also learned one of my sisters has the diagnosis of Relapsing Remitting MS. I have wondered if the two are related somehow and if so, how are they related as far as genetic link, predisposition...etc....
If Fibromyalgia and MS are NOT linked then HOW did I end up wit the diagnosis of Fibro and my sister end up with MS? Is it in our family line somewhere and is it something I could possibly end up being diagnosed with in the future already having Fibromyalgia? 
What is the connection? Where is the connection? I want to understand all that I can about both these diagnosis....I also plan on doing the very best I can do to heal myself with lifestyle changes. 
I really have to shove pride aside and pull out the case from behind the door when the days are roughest and I need the extra support. I recently had some balance testing done and well that was rather interesting...I thought I had a pretty good handle on balance since I no longer drank but whoopsie I guess not! 
So back to the Fibro and MS - I am researching everything I possibly can find to educate myself on these two that are related in my life.  If anyone out there has any information and you can enlighten me, please I would love to hear what you have, send me a friend request, here, on Twitter, in the WEGO Health Community (if you are there) and on FB. 
I keep thinking that there HAS to be a commonality somewhere for us to have these diagnosis. What that commonality is though currently eludes me yet I will not give up in my pursuit of knowledge to learn all I can about the disease that is affecting one of my precious siblings. 
I miss her dearly and hope to see her one day again. Until then she remains forever missed and in my daily prayers. 
Peace

This post was written as part of HAWMC – 30 health posts in 30 days:






No comments:

Post a Comment