Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Dear sixteen year old me

Dear 16-year-old-me. For some, that age was only a few years ago, for others it is in the distant past and yet some of us have yet to even reach it. But no matter when you were 16, the age stands the test of time. It is an age of freedom, uncertainty, curiosity, late nights with friends, adventures, tears, laughter, health and lessons learned (the good and the bad).
Knowing what you know now, what would the older, wiser, Health Activist in you say to 16-year-old you? Would it be words of advice? Comfort? Truth? Would you warn of disease prevention and the importance of health? Or maybe there is someone else if your life you would like to send a message to.



Dear sixteen year old me, 
I know already your life has been like a CAT 5 hurricane, mixed with an F5 Tornado garnished with golf-ball size hail and you are wondering how you have managed to come this far. Walking around so lost and alone, feeling unwanted, incomplete, in fear, isolation and pain so deep that cannot be described with words. Buckle up sweetie your journey has barely begun. Next year will not be an easy year for you even as you gain freedom and begin to fly. 
You Will be ok, You Will survive. Much more will take place in your life that will leave you very confused, angrier, and in a wash of emotions. You are Not alone. You ARE Loved and Loved deeply. 
I write you this letter to let you know that you will come to understand much of this one day. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but you will. The knowledge you hold in your heart and soul are true. Yes, you Are a Twin. Yes and she has always been with you...
You will walk many paths until you find the right one for you and be gifted great knowledge. Hold fast to that knowledge Precious One for one day you will need it. You have been born a healer and a truth seeker. Through the trials and thorn-bushes of your life you will emerge an amazing woman. 


I am a Wombtwin and I walked around all my life so incomplete, without my Twinnie ~ She did not make it into this world. I lost a dear friend in Elementary school Josette. When I was 17 I lost my very best friend, my grandpa. He was my Universe. So much more pain in my life yet I have made it....
God has seen me through a life of deep pain and sorrows. It is because of  Him I am able to stand here and extend my hand to others who are in that pain and darkness and share my Hope,  guiding them gently into the light of Love where healing is possible.


This post was written as part of HAWMC – 30 health posts in 30 days:

1 comment: